Thursday, January 24, 2013

A tale of 3 sisters, part 2

This clipboard was for my sister’s SIL who is a serious quilter.  My inspiration came from a picture I found in her Facebook pics of the first quilt she ever made.  I found the pattern online and tried my best to replicate it.  (Disclaimer here:  If you are a quilter, you’ll see that I am not! But I did the best I could.)  The magnets are vintage buttons.  I used the same button along with a couple layers of burlap for the clip.

Sam's 1

I decided a ‘crazy quilt’ effect would be good for the back.

Sam's 4

How cute is this puppy dog?  This clipboard was for another of my sister’s SIL.  I used the same technique I mentioned in my previous post.

Pat's 2

Not knowing her favorite colors, I again had to head over to Facebook for some inspiration.  It didn’t take me long, as I found a pic of her wearing a very pretty blouse with these colors.  I figured if she’s wearing it then she must like it, right?

Pat's 4

The three sisters’ clipboards were so fun to make.  When attempting to make something as personal as possible, it sure makes my day when I find out they were a hit!

Be blessed today!

Brenda

1 comment:

  1. I like the crazy quilt look! You did a great job and it looks like a fun project! I think we still have some old clipboards...somewhere! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete